Explain runtest in one sentence¶
Runtest will assist you in running an entire calculation/simulation, extracting portions for the simulation outputs, and comparing these portions with reference outputs and scream if the results have changed above a predefined numerical tolerance.
When should one use runtest?¶
- You compute numerical results.
- You want a library that understands that floating point precision is limited.
- You want to be able to update tests by updating reference outputs.
- You look for an end-to-end testing support.
When should one not use runtest?¶
- You look for a unit test library which tests single functions. Much better alternatives exist for this.